So you’ve made the first step and booked your very first yoga retreat, hooray! Now, the next question is “what to wear to a yoga retreat?”
Firstly, I’d like to say from a self love point of view “just show up as you are” in all your beauty, as long as your comfortable then that’s all that matters.
Secondly, from a practical point of view here’s a list of essentials:
- 2-3 pair of yoga pants/leggings – take into consideration the weather and time of year you will be attending, also what type of yoga you’ll be practicing? For instance, when I practice yin or yoga nidra I like to have loose fitting cosy clothes, when I practice a vinyasa usually some bamboo material shorter leggings. The material should also be elastic enough to enable you to perform all your asanas with the greatness of ease.
- 3-4 yoga tops – vests, top tanks. Choosing nice, breathable materials such as hemp, bamboo, linen, natural fabrics that will keep you cool and comfortable. Some Hemp fabrics also contain UPFs of 30 or higher, so this will be a great investment for your skins health. Ethical options are also great choices for the health of the planet.
- 1-2 long sleeve tops to keep you warmer in mornings, evenings – again depending on time of year and destination
- A pair of warm socks for morning meditations – Nice light airy socks if you decide to go on any hikes, walks around the local surrounds.
- Light hiking sandals or trainers – Our hike to Moon beach is pretty flat and moderate
- Flip flops
- Sun hat
- Water bottle – you are able to fill this up using our filtered tap at the retreat
- A shawl or light thin neck scarf, nice to snuggle in and can keep you warmer during your travels, you know how the airlines like to whack up that air con on the flight!
- Sarong – also great for using on the beach
- Bikini/trunks for swimming
- Beach cover – You can also purchase some lovely beach clothing at the hippy markets in Ibiza (where our Immersive Yoga retreats are situated)
- Yoga bra
- Some gorgeous Boho wear for evening dining out in Benirras – Accessories
- Underwear, sleep wear – checking the temperatures at night for your destination – especially if you are staying in one of our Pagodas outside, sometimes it can get cooler at night during the shoulder seasons
- Mosquito repellent
- Favourite book – we also have a selection at the retreat
- Journal – Its really nice to take note of how you feel and change as you go through the week. Its also a nice way to record your experience and have a mind dump for that which no longer serves you
- Sunglasses, sun cream, shower stuff, toothpaste and toothbrush, hair brush
NO NEED TO BRING A YOGA MAT – We have plenty of these with all the other props needed