Want to put the ‘treat’ into your retreat? Look no further, we will be offering massage therapies and beauty treatments throughout your stay at the Immersive Yoga Retreat this September in the beautiful North of Ibiza. Our massage therapist Vicky @Calmmassageibiza will be around all week for your massage and beauty needs. Vicky is offering a 20% on all her services to our guests when booked in advance. Contact us for more details.
Massage: Get in touch with its many benefits
Massage can be a powerful tool to help you take charge of your health and well-being.
What is massage?
Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Massage may range from light stroking to deep pressure. There are many different types of massage, including these common types:
- Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping. It helps you feel relaxed and energised.
- Deep massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. It’s commonly used to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Indian Head massage – is an ancient practice designed to help alleviate physical and emotional stress by
working on the face, scalp, neck, shoulders and upper arms and balancing energy
Massage benefits can include:
- Reducing stress and increasing relaxation
- Reducing pain and muscle soreness and tension
- Improving circulation, energy and alertness
- Lowering heart rate and blood pressure
- Improving immune function
While more research is needed to confirm the benefits of massage, some studies have found massage may also be helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Low back pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Joint pain
- Upper back and neck pain
Beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, some people enjoy massage because it often produces feelings of caring, comfort and connection.
Price list below for Calma Ibiza Massage